UCC is looking for playing and non-playing members to actively get involved with our
Colts section. Please see details below of the ECB Level 1 course running during March
if you would like to join our Coaching Team.
ECB Foundation I Coach is a new coach development programme and qualification that
has been created to help more people take their first steps into coaching cricket.
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and
confidence to coach cricket sessions that are active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe.
An ECB Foundation I Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently
and without supervision.
It is now the entry level qualification required to coach cricket.
- Role of an ECB Foundation I Coach
- What does coaching look like?
- Coaching fielding, bowling and batting
- Foundation principles – fielding, bowling and batting
- The coaching tools
- Purposeful sessions
- Active sessions
- Safe sessions
- Enjoyable sessions
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket,
inspire players and make a difference to the game.
- 4 face-to-face modules lasting 3 hours each
- 7 bitesize e-learning modules lasting 10-15 minutes each
- 3 observed coaching opportunities during face-to-face modules and
- an online multiple choice questionnaire
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- ECB DBS
Upcoming ECB Foundation I Coach programmes
Saturday 7 March and 21 March
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED OR HAVE
Cricket Development Manager
Uxbridge Cricket Club